Tuesday, July 6, 2010

6 July 10 - Let's Try a Dress

I haven't worn a dress for a while to work because for me, dresses are just so much work. Assets - check, shaved legs - check, hem long enough for office - check, covered bust area - check....dress it is. With pants, I don't have to worry about any of the previously mentioned things. I admire those bloggers and people who don't feel the need to wear Assets/Spanx/something to smooth and suck you in, but I'm just not one of those people. I don't care how flowy the dress or skirt, I'm wearing something under it.

I'm also stepping out of my comfort zone a bit with the flutter sleeves - not exactly sleeveless, but definitely, not much coverage. Depending on where you work, this could be a no-no. But since it's summer and my office is pretty business CASUAL, I'm fine. Since I've put on weight, my arms aren't my favorite body part, but I'm just going to get over it. I know I don't talk about any one's arms unless they are super toned and tight so no one will be giving me a second thought. Sometimes you just have to get over your insecurities and focus on other positive things like these hot pink patent heels. This is the 3rd time in the 5 years I've had these that I'm wearing them. They might be a bit over the top, but I love them!

Outfit Details:
Cami - Faith 21
Dress - Old Navy (from like forever ago)
Pink patent peep toes - Newport News
Gold leaf earrings - Forever 21

11 comments:

Ally said...

You look gorgeous. Love the dress but they are a lot of work sometimes!!

BBM said...

this dress is sooooo STUNNING on u girl! LOVE IT!

Pretty Fearless said...

This outfit is adorable.

Pretty Fearless said...

This outfit is adorable.

Taylor said...

You look great - positively great. This dress is so cute! I love the colors and the pattern.

That fat-shionista's wardrobe said...

you look gorgeous! love those heels

WickedThrifty said...

nice print on that dress. and i don't think the heels are over-the-top; they're perfect!

i hate my arms but have given up on hiding them. also i have a really rad tattoo on my bicep, so that helps with the confidence, haha.

i absolutely wear spanx or at least girdle panties under all but the floatiest-away-flattering skirts. i had a c-section and nothing since has looked right without SOME shapewear :P

Anika said...

absolutely lovely! more dresses please :D

xxx Anika
sweetfacedstyle.blogspot.com

Roller shoes said...

it is a good share,wonderful post,thank you

FashionAddict said...

You look so pretty! Love that dress :)

KT said...

I feel your pain. Sometimes shaving seems like more work than it is worth. And honestly, on days I wear a dress that hits mid-calf I stop shaving there. So sue me!